SOCIAL MEDIA

2/24/11

February Art Bead Scene Challenge

I love this month's Art Bead Scene challenge picture, Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose, by John Singer Sargent:

Carnation_Lily_Lily_Rose

The delicate colors and sweet subject matter are wonderful, but what really caught my eye in this painting is the contrast between light and dark, and how the artist used this to tell his story.

With this in mind, I created my challenge piece, "Light of the Heart":

PC210020

I combined a beautiful metallic heart focal from Earthenwood Studios with gorgeous lampwork beads from White River Jewelry and Blue Seraphim, my own enameled beads and findings, and yellow jade rounds.


PC210014


I used beautiful vintage gold seam tape paired with a matte black toggle to finish off the piece.

You can see this and other challenge pieces at the Art Bead Scene flickr group.
Barbara Lewis said...

This is a really sweeeet piece! Nice work ... and I think it's great that you acknowledge the artists who made the components ... that's always a nice touch!

Chris said...

Very pretty~~love the way you used the vintage seam tape. Darling piece!

Holly said...

John Singer Seargent was a master at playing with the light and dark...you captured that perfectly with this piece! It's gorgeous.

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Gorgeous piece! Love the colors and I love the vintage seam tape!

rosebud101 said...

That is lovely!