SOCIAL MEDIA

2/26/10

Custom Jewelry Pieces Made With ICE Resin

This is just a quick post to share a couple of custom jewelry pieces I delivered yesterday to a longtime customer of mine.  She wanted to create something special for her sister who is graduating from law school that incorporated family photos, the law school's logo and the "DEM" symbol to represent her sister's political ambitions.

Here are the finished pieces:

P2250037


I made handmade bezels out of etched copper sheet and copper tubing and decoupaged and sealed the pictures into the bezels.  When they dried, I poured the ICE Resin into the bezels and set them aside to cure. 

P2250023


I fused and forged the copper hoops and the clasps, and added some beautiful Czech glass links to the necklace.

P2250034


After putting all of the pieces and parts together, the jewelry turned out beautifully - this resin is amazing and I can't recommend it enough!  You can find it at Objects & Elements in their store.

...I'm thinking that I just might have to make one of these sets for myself!
Narrative jewelry said...

What a beautiful work you have done Molly ! The bezels are just gorgeous and the resin is so clear, really beautiful. What a beautiful gift for this young lady !

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

I love the bracelets. They are awesome!

lorhen82 said...

Hi Molly! Those are so cool! I've been wanting to make some jewelry for my daughter, and the ice resin would do just the trick!

I hope all is well with you!

Hugs,
Lori

mairedodd said...

a fabulous set - you should make a set of something for yourself... ice resin is wonderful and you certainly made it shine...

Tami said...

WOW! Your work is amazing Molly!! That resin just looks so smooth and professionally done, of course!
Thank you for sharing the pics and hope all is well with you,
hugs,
Tami

Jen Crossley said...

Oh Molly awesome I love each piece
Jen

Unknown said...

Molly, I'm sure that she will treasure these pieces! I love the ICE resin. I recently got some to try but I'm still a little skiddish I guess...

Megan said...

These are awesome! I love them all, and thanks for sharing the link, I have been looking for some good resin! <3

Judy said...

A most incredible piece of jewelry! I am sure the graduate will be so happy with her gift.

Fanciful Expressions said...

Beautiful pieces, Molly. That Ice resin looks fabulous. It's so clear and domes so well. I'm going to have to try it soon.
Have a great week-end, my friend.

Pretty Things said...

Those are terrific! I'll have to try out Ice Resin at some point (need to get my nerve up!)

Anonymous said...

Stunning, Molly...wow!!

Riki Schumacher said...

Ooooh Molly, so beautiful. You made some lovelies! Great job, I do like that resin a lot. Thank you so much for your kind words. Love it when you visit! Take care, Riki

Mary Newton Designs said...

Great job! These are beautiful!

Custom Design Jewelry said...

All this custom jewelries are incredible. Beautifully designed. I hope to see more classic design of your custom jewelry collection.