SOCIAL MEDIA

3/9/10

Thank You For Giving The Gift Of HOPE

Copper Crosses


While walking in the park, a child came upon a cocoon that obviously had a butterfly struggling to get out. The child felt sorry for the butterfly, and helped it to break free from the cocoon. As she watched the newly freed butterfly, expecting it to take flight, she noticed that its wings were not strong enough to lift itself off of the branch. You see, the butterfly’s ability to fly comes from the strength that is built during the struggle to free itself from the cocoon.

Just as it is true with the butterfly, it is also true for people: without the struggle, we cannot grow stronger. We cannot always choose the condition of our adversities, but we can choose to engage in the struggle. In doing so, we sustain hope in the knowledge that we will emerge stronger than we were when we began.


HOPE is what gives us the strength to fly.

I wanted to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone who has purchased one of my etched copper crosses in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.  Because of your support, I have sold 15 crosses and was able to send a $225 check to my local Breast Cancer Awareness chapter.

If you would like to support this wonderful cause, the crosses are still available in my Etsy store for $15 each, shipping included.

Again, thank you so very much!
Riki Schumacher said...

Congratulations Molly, that is so cool. Hope truly gives us strength. Take care, hugs, Riki

BlueAntiquities said...

Molly,
A big Thank You from me. As I mentioned, I lost someone to breast Cancer that I dearly love. In my book, Cancer is a four letter word. Any money we can raise to fight this, is greatly appreciated and needed. Much progress is being made! Keep up with those mammograms ladies! Laura