SOCIAL MEDIA

9/26/13

'Tis the Season (almost) for Holiday Jewelry

This month, I've shared three different Advent calendars made with beads from the 'Tis The Season" beads from Prima Beads, and now I want to share some fun jewelry pieces I've made from them as well.  

Apparently I was in a bracelet-making mood when I sat down to make jewelry:


This bracelet is made from some fun beads that look like peppermint candies.  I used 14g copper wire to string the beads, and half-hard 12g wire to make the clasp.  I particularly like the swirl pattern in the beads, and I wanted to accentuate it in the clasp of the bracelet.  This swirly copper clasp is BIG - approximately 1.5" w x 1" high - and is meant to sit as the focal of the bracelet.  

To bring out the Christmas colors, I pulled out my lime green artistic wire and wrapped it around the candy beads, and added a bit of coiled lime green wire to the clasp.  

I liked how the bracelet turned out so much that I made a matching pair of earrings:


(Tip: Jewelry Making Daily shared a great article sharing how to photograph jewelry - including using fruit for earrings shots - here.)

The next bracelet I made is also in the traditional Christmas colors, but in a much more rustic design:


First I coiled lime green artistic wire onto 16g brass wire and strung the big-hole beads on top of the coil.  Then I did a "messy wrap" around the whole bracelet with bright red artistic wire, added a handmade clasp with a small coil of lime green wire to add color.

The next two bracelets I made combine the 'Tis the Season beads with some of the Trinkettes Collection beads I received in July from Prima Beads.  I wanted to make some jewelry that wasn't so overtly Christmas-y, so these are made to be worn together for a Christmas-y effect or separately:



These bracelets were strung on 12g half-hard copper wire, and have various pewter and silver-plated spacers and jump rings to coordinate with the silver metal on the beads.

The last pair of earrings I made is a festive pair of snowmen that I hung on ear wires from Prima's Silver Plate Collection:


I used beads from the 'Tis the Season line along with some of the findings from that same line, threaded them on silver-plated headpins from my personal stash and simply added them to the ear wires. Love these!


Now I want to share some jewelry that I made using some of Prima Bead's ready-made charms and components, making it easy to create gifts for the jewelry-wearers in your life:

The first is a simple bracelet made with the big-hole beads and charms that easily string on and off to change the look of the bracelet:


This one is made from beautiful wintery blues and silvers and is strung on the Trinkette Bracelet with a toggle clasp.  It would be so easy to swap out the beads for each season with other beads from the Trinkettes Collection.

The next bracelet is made from a pre-made silver-plated bracelet that I switched the clasp out on for a toggle clasp (both from Prima's Silver Plate Collection):


These sweet charms reminded me of the Nutcracker, and I think this bracelet would be a perfect gift for a little girl.

To make these earrings, I simply took the charms and hung them on more ear wires from Prima's Silver Plate Collection:


So simple, and SO cute!

The next pair of earrings are just as easy:


I hung some of the ready-made gold-toned charms on a pair of gold-plated ear wires from my stash - elegant and fast!

The final piece of jewelry I made is a necklace that I thought would be perfect for New Year's Eve:


All I did was to take some silver-plated chain from my personal stash, added a clasp and, from the middle of the necklace, hung another length of chain to use as the base for the charms.


Making sure I paid attention to spreading out the colors and sizes of the charms to keep the design aesthetically pleasing, I started hanging them on the length of chain, creating a lariat-feel to the long necklace.

Can you tell I've had fun playing with all my goodies from Prima?



** Necessary Legal Stuff: I am honestly reviewing the products above which I have received free of charge from Prima Beads, and I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to them.
Rachel said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love your style. The snowman earrings are so clever! I'm gonna make some for my daughter.

Shai Williams said...

Love the designs especially the third one as I am not to big on holiday colors

Kerrie Slade said...

Wow Molly you've done such an amazing job with the materials we were given. From the advent calendars to all the lovely lovely jewellery pieces - great work!

Kerrie :-)

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I am just in love with those Holiday bracelets! I love the movement to lime green, rather than traditional, and that clasp on the fist one is awesome! The second bracelet reminds me of Kerry Bogerts wireworks, love the wrappings.
The last two are probably my favorites, I like the ability to wear them at other times of the year. You are doing a wonderful job showing how versatile the collection is...:)

Cheryl Boglioli said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these. I'm especially drawn to the wire wrapping right now. You did a super job.

The Beading Gem said...

That first bracelet is my most favorite from all your pretty designs. Just a great combination with the rustic look. Also adored the way you used an apple to display the earrings!!

The Beading Gem said...

Love your rustic approach! My favorite is the first bracelet - such a beautiful combination. Also adored the way you use apples to display earrings!

Unknown said...

I would like to know if you can duplicate the fourth item down on this page which is the cuff bracelet? I love it! Thank you.............elaine