SOCIAL MEDIA

10/27/10

Has It Really Been This Long?

Hello!  I feel like I've been absent for ages!  I've been out with the crud that's going around - yuk!  It's had me unmotivated and really tired, and blogging was the last thing I wanted to do.  But now I'm back up and (slowly) going, and wanted to share a quick post before I go clean the house and do laundry...

So, I had beads left over from Lorelei's Michael's Challenge, and wanted to use them up with another design:

Picture3

Nothing too fancy, but I wanted to include the two design elements I wasn't able to incorporate in my first design:  The small green pearls and the dreaded white chain (lol).

Picture4

I'm surprised and pleasantly pleased with how this turned out.  I made sure to frame the white chain with a dark copper chain and the green pearls, and it really takes the stark contrast down a few notches.

Well, that's it for now!  If you want to purchase this necklace, it will be for sale in my etsy shop shortly!
Anne Betenson said...

Glad you are feeling better.All the necklaces in the challenge were fab but that white chain would make most designers blood run cold!!LoL!I particalarly love the carved beads.I can,t remember the the name of the material they are made from(Having a "foggy"day)In the UK,it is hard to get good quality beads like those.I import a lot of mine.
I love to work with wire and adore your designs.Planning some soldering for the first time in the next week or two!Wish me luck!
Love and light,Anne.

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Glad you're feeling better, another gorgeous piece!!

Suz said...

Sorry that you had the crud. I was under the weather all last week, too. Not fun, is it?

This necklace really worked. I was kind of shocked. I didn't like those white chains, either. Actually, I didn't like the chains at all but this is really nice. I would wear it!

stregata said...

This necklace is fantastic - absolutely wonderful.

Riki Schumacher said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Beautiful necklace Molly! Glad you're back. Hugs, Riki

Cindy said...

Gorgeous, Molly! I just know it must look stunning when worn!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh the dreaded chain came out beautiful! LOL : D

Anonymous said...

i love the combination of the the elements you used, it turned out lovely

Jenny said...

Hope you feel better soon. Your new necklace design it great...I just love how you combine many types of beads and they all seem to fit right in.

Jenny

Diane said...

Sometimes it actually "all" comes together doesn't it Molly? That's what makes us keep doing what we do!!