SOCIAL MEDIA

11/15/10

Fun Monday Surprise - Thanks Art Bead Scene!

A big "thank you" goes out to Art Bead Scene and to Lorelei Eurto for featuring me as their Designer of the Week for my November entry into their monthly challenge.  What a fun way to start off my crazy week!

PB110015

Here's what Lorelei had to say about this piece:
"As soon as I saw Molly's necklace, I knew it was my favorite interpretation of Klimt's painting, Tree of Life.

The beautiful etched pendant, with it's curly tendrils of branches mimics the tree in the painting, and of course, I love anything with wood beads. I love the asymmetrical nature of this piece. I think the interesting metal bail that Molly made for her pendant is my favorite part about the piece.  A little unexpected tidbit that one might not notice right away!"

Thank you so much!

(Incidentally, the bail is made from copper hanger tape from my local hardware store that I shaped to fit my piece.  Then hand-colored it to match the etched pendant, added etched copper washers, and riveted it all together to finish off the focal.)

It isn't too late for you to enter November's monthly challenge - go to this page for more information and to see the other entries from some fabulously talented artists!
jessememan said...

deservedly so Molly...that is gorgeous :)

Lorelei Eurto said...

aww you're welcome!!
xo

Stacie said...

That is really beautiful...I love the etch!!!

Outstanding Stranger said...

Totally awesome piece. Love the etched Tree. Hugs, Diane

My Life Under the Bus said...

You so totally deserve it - it's a gorgeous interpretation - Congrats Molly !!!

Diane said...

Oh Molly....this is indeed stunning! I love your etched pendant, and the use of copper hanger tape~clever, clever indeed =))
Happy Thanksgiving my friend....
diane
xoxox