SOCIAL MEDIA

12/27/10

December Art Bead Scene Challenge

This month, Art Bead Scene gave us two paintings to use as inspiration for our challenge piece, both by John Anster Fitzgerald:
 
Storm-Fitzgerald-L 
"The Storm"

The_captive_robin 
"The Captive Robin"
 
What captured my eye in both of these pictures is the use of color to bring the subjects to life, and that's what I tried to do in my piece.
 
The piece I submitted is one I made a few months ago, but fit this challenge perfectly:

Picture8

"Robin Redbreast"

 
Picture13

The focal is made from an etched and soldered bezel with a digital collage topped with antique watch parts and filled in with ICE Resin.  The chain is made from Picasso finish glass lentil beads from Artbeads.com, and copper beads from Rings & Things.
 
As the cutoff is December 31st, it isn't too late for you to enter.  Check out the Art Bead Scene blog for more information and get creating!
Jen Crossley said...

Stunning Molly

Pretty Things said...

Molly, your jewelry always dazzles me!

Barbara Lewis said...

This is a perfect piece for either of the paintings. I'm participating next month come hell or high water ... but I hope it doesn't come to that! :-)

Unknown said...

Now this really inspires me. Fantasy is so "IN

Suz said...

This is a wonderful piece. You are right on...the colors are perfect!
Suz

Riki Schumacher said...

Beautiful Molly!! Hugs, Riki

TesoriTrovati said...

Great use of color Molly! I love your unique bezel and the color on those beads is heavenly. Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

SallyAnderson said...

Gorgeous, Molly. It fits the challenge so perfectly that it's hard to believe you just had it sitting around!