SOCIAL MEDIA

10/5/11

Bead Table Wednesday

I don't have a whole lot of beads out on my table today, but I do want to share a quick project I did yesterday with you. 

I am taking a Bible study right now, and one of the things we are doing is keeping a prayer journal.  I am - quite possibly - the world's worst journal-keeper, so I've decided to make my journal more fun to keep.  

I pulled out my well-worn copy of "Pretty Little Things" by Sally Jean Alexander for some inspiration, and, starting out with one of these:


...a plain old composition book...



...I turned it into this:

Front 
Front 
Back

Definitely more fun - now I don't have any excuses!

On another note, if you haven't already, hop on over to Grateful Living to see what Patty Gasparino of My Life Under The Bus is grateful for today.
Shirley said...

Oh, what an inspiration! I have several people I could make these for as a thank you/Christmas/birthday gift. Share some more details, pretty please?? Just to get me started in the right direction. :)

Diana Schatzman said...

I never kept my notes in anything that kept them all together in one place. I just grabbed any notebook I could find that day. This is a great idea, as you can use the same one for every bible study topic you attend over the years (or at least until you need to make another one). Great Idea. Thank you. It's beautiful, unique and just crying out to be written in.

Cindy said...

Molly, your new journal is absolutely beautiful!! I love it! And I love Sally Jean's book as well as her style... I was just looking for my copy of her book the other day and cannot seem to find it. :-(

In the Light of the Moon said...

Love Love love the Journal Molly!!

Holly said...

Molly - I love your new journal! It looks so inviting :) And I agree with you, I love Sally Jean's book - it's always in use!