SOCIAL MEDIA

2/9/12

Bead Soup Has Arrived And Other Awesome Things

I am SOOOO excited!  My bead Soup Mix has arrived and it is AMAZING!  I have been blessed with the most amazing artist for a bead soup partner - Melinda Orr.

For those of you who aren't familiar with her work, Melinda is a phenomenal metal smith and jewelry artist.  She makes handmade copper components with the most amazing patinas, and I've gotta say, her style is right up my alley!  I received her package yesterday, and boy, am I spoiled!

Here is where I started unwrapping:

Such cute dragonfly paper...

Oooooo!  Look at these fun little baggies chock full of goodies!

From the peach baggie:  gorgeous beads to compliment all the other components.

From the top blue baggie, handmade copper components that turn over to reveal...
This stunning patina!  (Sorry - my photo editor just plain didn't want to get the colors right in this  picture - the colors are so incredible rich!)


The top baggie also had these wonderful  components:  handmade bead caps, fasteners, copper rivets, and large oval connectors along with the domed glass circles to go with the cool artwork for mixed-media pieces.

The bottom baggie contained a beautiful handmade clasp with the gorgeous patina of the other components, 2 fun textured copper circles, copper beads and spacers, lovely Sue Beads lampwork beads form Sue Kennedy and a sweet bird charm from Lisa Petraka.

My Bead Soup cup runneth over!

Now that you've seen what I received, I can show you what I sent to Melinda:

I made the focal and clasp using seed beads and copper; the large lampwork beads are from EB Bead and Metal Works; the small turquoise lampwork beads are from Blue Seraphim; and I sent some cute hot pink Czech pressed glass bellflowers and some funky blue and yellow glass beads I found on an out-of-town trip.
The focal I sent Melinda is from a new series I am making using mixed media collage with seed beading techniques.  Here's some of the others I'll be putting up in my Etsy shop soon:


I love how these turned out, and have some more in the works right now.  In fact, I made one that completely reminded me of my friend, Patty Gasparino, and I sent it to her, asking if she would be willing to make something with it and post it on her blog.  Here is her gorgeous design:

Love's Letter Lost
Isn't is fabulous?  You can read more about this piece on her blog, My Life Under The Bus.

So, BIG thank yous to Melinda and Patty - you ladies are completely amazing!

For more information on the Bead Soup Blog Hop, check out Lori Anderson's blog, Pretty Things.

Unknown said...

Oh Oh Oh OH you lucky girl you and Melinda is pretty lucky too! I love your pendants!

Unknown said...

Wow! 2 gorgeous soups - these will be quite interesting on reveal day!

Chris Hansen said...

Mmmmm, looks like a couple of batches of delicious bead soup! Cannot wait for the final reveal!

CraftyHope said...

Wow, wow, wow!!
I adore what Melinda sent you. Simply amazing. The same could be said of what you sent and the new pendants you are making!
Those pendants are absolutely inspired! Keep it up.

Lori Anderson said...

Oh WOW! I love it all! And I really would love to know how to do that seed beading -- love it.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Gorgeous soups...the one you sent was AMAZING and the one your got was right on par! I can't wait to see what you all end up making!!!

Rachel said...

Wow. Gorgeous!I can feel your excitement from here. Have fun creating.

Lori Anderson said...

Molly, do you have a tutorial for this type of seed beading around cabs?