SOCIAL MEDIA

9/21/13

Another Christmas Countdown

In my last "Christmas in September" post here I shared the first of three Advent calendars I made incorporating some of the "Tis The Season" beads from Prima Beads.  In this post I want to share the second Advent calendar with you:


I have been wanting to make one in this style for a couple of years now, and this gave me the perfect opportunity to try it out.


I started with a cupboard door that I found at a thrift store, painted it off-white and gave it a crackled aged finish.  Then I adhered the scrabble letters all around in fun holiday words and used my Faber-Castell Indian ink big brush pens to age them as well.


Then, using Christmas-themed scrapbook paper, I covered 25 wooden tags on both sides with the paper, sanded the edges, decoupaged down numbers from one to twenty-five in various sizes, styles and fonts, and aged them with the brush pens.  I then added various charms from the 'Tis the Season collection along with various other Christmas-y metal accents.


On the back side of each of the tags is a bible verse that, as they are turned over each day, will tell the Christmas story from different books of the bible, as well as talk about things like Joy and serving others.


In this close-up shot you can also see the fun 'Tis the Season charms I hung from the top corners with tartan plaid ribbon accents to highlight them.  

This project is one of my favorites I have ever completed, and I can't wait to use it this year.

Don't forget to check back soon to see the final Advent calendar soon!  I've also got some fun holiday jewelry to share with you!

** Necessary Legal Stuff: I am honestly reviewing the products above which I have received free of charge from Prima Beads, and I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to them.
Hope Amen said...

Wow Molly,
I think this is the best advent calender I have ever seen. Love all the components and especially how each day has a scripture. Just lovely!!

Rachel said...

I love advent calendars! I love how yours turned out. Perfect use for that old door.

maya_honey said...

I wish I have such patience to do smth like this - it's so cozy!

Kerrie Slade said...

Oh Molly! I love the way you have brought a wide range of components together in such an inventive way - your advent calendar is wonderful!

Kerrie :-)

got sparkles said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning! Will you be selling any of these?! (Please, Please!!)

Lisa Fulmer said...

Really pretty - love the rustic look too.

Cheryl Boglioli said...

I love this project. I love the colors and the rustic appeal. Great way to recycle a piece and use the beads and charms the bling it up without losing the rustic appeal.

Altered Amanda said...

This is terrific! I want to make a similar one for my son and DIL. How are the tags attached? Thank you!