SOCIAL MEDIA

9/15/13

Pearls! Pearls!! Pearls!!! Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the Pearls! Pearls!! Pearls!!! blog hop hosted by the talented Shel from MiShel Designs!



The rules are simple: use natural or otherwise (glass, vintage acrylic, etc.) pearls in your design and link to your supplier so everyone can know where to find them.

Here's what I made:

The first piece is a bracelet made using glass and blister pearls, all from Michael's:


I used slate colored waxed linen from Lima Beads as my stringing material, and a beautiful mother-of-pearl button from JustButtonMe on Etsy. 


I love the purple tones in the blister pearls, and how those tones are echoed by the button.


I decided to make some earrings to go with the bracelet using the same materials and some small silver-plated hoops:


Thanks so much Shel for hosting this fun hop!  Take a few minutes to check out the other participating artists' creations as well:

AntiquityTravelers said...

fun pieces! I love how comfortable and relaxed each piece is ... gorgeous!

Liz said...

Linen thread and pearls, what a great combination. Your bracelet is so very wearable and pretty. The simplicity of your earrings is appealing. It reminds me that not all things have to be complicated to be gorgeous.

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Molly,
Beautiful bracelet and earrings I love the colors you chose to use.
Therese

Keith@ Vintage Crab Jewelry and Crafts said...

Very beautiful and earthy!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty way to show off a collection of beautiful pearls! Love the grays with a touch of burgundy.
This set would be great for any casual occasion.

Lynda

Klassy Joolz said...

The Bracelet and earrings are so pretty. Love the Slate Cording, the Pearls and your designs.

Freestyle Elements said...

Love your pearl bracelet and earrings. That is something I could see myself wearing daily. They are beautiful! Gina H

Tracy Statler said...

Hi Molly. I love your style! The bracelet and earrings are so cute with the pearls and slate waxed linen. Such a great color combination and very wearable!

LisaS said...

What gorgeous fun bracelet and earrings! Love the colors of the pearls you used!

Christine Altmiller said...

Your pearls have all the elements I gravitate toward, but sometimes forget to use myself~simplicity, softness, pops of color, quiet support. Absolutely beautiful pieces.

aneri_masi said...

Really fun pieces, made with finesse!

Shel said...

I love this set Molly! Your color combo is fabulous and I really like the combo of pearls - super textures. Those earrings are way cool, too - something I could wear with most everything in my closet!
I'm so happy you joined in the hop and I hope you had fun using your really pretty pearls!!

Sharyl said...

I love your color combinations and your use of irish linen thread! It really lends a more casual look to the pearls!

Empty nester at last said...

How beautiful! I have learned so much from the hop on the different kinds of pearls. I love how simple yet elegant your bracelet looks. Great Job. Thanks for sharing

Lisa Yang Jewelry said...

Your designs are fun, casual and prove that pearls don't have to be stuffy or classic.
Lisa
http://www.lisayangjewelry.com