SOCIAL MEDIA

3/30/15

Cousin Creative Circle Blog Hop

Welcome to this fun blog hop with my unbelievably talented fellow Cousin Creative Circle ambassadors!  The premise for this hop is that all of us received this same bead haul:


Beautiful, right?  Lots to work with!  We could use whatever pieces and parts of the beads that we wanted to use, and then add to them with our personal stash.

Here are the pieces I made with mine:

"Southwest Summer":


If you have seen my jewelry before, you know that I love to combine copper with, well, just about anything!  One of my favorite combos is turquoise with copper, and so that's what I did here.

The necklace is made from beads and chain from the haul, along with a length of my handmade chain.  In addition, the focal hangs from a handmade soldered and textured copper ring.  This is my favorite set of all of the pieces I made, and plan on wearing it out and about later today.

The next two pieces are made with a Steampunk-y vibe:

"Soft Steampunk"




"Sweet Summer"


For both of these pieces, I used my handmade copper focals and hung them from 18" chains made from the Czech roundels and the earthy brown gemstone beads.  I love the juxtaposition of the girly sparkles with the rustic earthy copper tones.

The next piece is a simple but striking l-o-n-g (and I mean really long) necklace:

"Peace"


I've already worn this once, and plan to again!  The antiqued brass of the chain and focal keep the rustic tone of the piece, while the leaf and peace sign add the needed pop of color.

Ok...confession time.  I almost didn't post this next piece because I didn't like the way it turned out, but I really wanted to show off the new "beaded bead" technique I learned:


I used the black bicone beads and paired them with some smaller aqua bicones to form the focal.  I'm not sure exactly what I will end up doing with the beads, but I don't think I will leave them like this. Any suggestions as to what to do?  I'm at a bit of a loss!

Over the next few weeks, I plan on posting some tutorials on how to make these necklaces - I hope you will come back to check them out!

Meanwhile, please take a minute to check out the amazing work of my fellow Ambassadors:

Ambassador Dawn Doucette
Ambassador Shelly Owen
Ambassador Rachel Nielsen
Ambassador Molly Moore Alexander (you are here!)
Ambassador Rebecca Grafton Untermholen
Ambassador Carolina Moore
Ambassador Lisa Crone

Thanks so much for hopping with me!


Unknown said...

I love all your pieces. I am so enjoying looking at everyone's designs. This was so much fun!

Dawn Doucette said...

Your pieces totally showcase your style Molly! Love it!! I'd wear every single one of your designs, I love the copper too! I dig the bicone necklace you showcased last. I think it's a perfect mix of funky and fun! Thanks so much for playing Dawn's crazy bead game. I had a blast getting to see everybody's unique styles! Hugs!

Lisa Crone said...

Love these pieces!! The wire wrapping is such a great look and you know I love that bauble. Wow!