SOCIAL MEDIA

11/11/10

Art Bead Scene November Monthly Challenge Piece

I finally got some time to work on this month's ABS monthly challenge - whew!  Here is the inspiration piece for this month's challenge:

The-Tree-of-Life800600

Tree of Life, Stoclet Frieze, 1909
Gustav Klimt 1862-1918

To read more about this beautiful picture, you can go to the Art Bead Scene Blog and read about both the picture and the artist.
 
The inspiration for my piece comes from the beautiful tree swirls and curls, featured prominently in my focal piece:
 
PB110003
 
I hand drew and etched the tree design on copper sheet and then hand colored the piece using a variety of colorants.  the finished size of the focal is approximately 3"h (from the top of the loop) x 1.5"w.
 
PB110011
 
Measuring approximately 21" long, the necklace itself is made from vintage wood beads, flower jasper beads and heavy copper chain, closing with a handmade copper clasp.
 
Check out the other beautiful entries for this month's challenge at the ABS Flicker site.
KristiBowmanDesign said...

A beautiful piece Molly!!!

Chris said...

The etching and coloring is great! But I'm in love with your bail~~ sah-weet!

Unknown said...

Sooo talented just beautiful!!

stregata said...

Wonderful interpretation!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. The etching is perfect. It really relates to the challenge perfectly. Excellent Work!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love it! The etched piece is fantastic!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Beautiful pendant Molly!!!

TesoriTrovati said...

Molly, this is just a delightful representation of one of my favorite pieces of art. I love that you made the focal from copper. I was thinking those trees would make a great motif in etching! This is so lovely, and balanced and the colors are right up my alley!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Pretty Things said...

Wow, but the etching is AMAZING! What an incredible job!