SOCIAL MEDIA

3/1/14

Guest Designer for Prima Bead - Assignment for February

My first assignment for 2014 from Prima Beads is to be a guest designer - so exciting!  This assignment is a little different than others we have done in that we can only use Prima products (no supplementing from our personal stash) and we had to follow directions from their Turquoise Dream bracelet and make it our own while staying within the scope of the project..  

Now for those of you who know me, you know that I really don't like to follow directions - I'm a bit stubborn that way.  But I followed the directions, put my spin on it and really like the results:

Stormy Seas
To make this bracelet, I used the following items:


The colors in the clasp and beads are so beautifully rich, and the clasp is a gorgeous focal for the bracelet.  I added some clear bugle beads to lighten the look and add some texture.



For my second project, I wanted to carry the three-strand design to a necklace, again using the clasp as a focal point:

On Wings of Angels
To make this necklace, I used the following items:


I really like the graduated look of ombre styles, and wanted to try and reflect that in my design.  I also felt that the piece needed a pop of color, and added in the large red bead with the blacks and greys of the design.


For the tassel, I used the three kinds of chain that I used in the main part of the necklace and added cross charms to the ends of some of them at different lengths, giving it a lariat-ish look.


I love the way this necklace turned out, and will be wearing it this weekend!

Have a fantastic rest of your weekend, and check back this month to see what my March assignment is!



The Beading Gem said...

Great designs!!

Anonymous said...

Both pieces look yummy and I love how you used the clasp as the focal point, genius!

Shai Williams said...

What great designs and I do have to say that I loved the clasps.

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh, how fun! They have a great designer in you! I am the same way. Hate to follow directions. I zig when everyone else zags. I do so love that necklace. That is totally my style. You will look great in this and start a lot of conversations! Enjoy the day. Erin

Shel said...

Molly, these are both just fabulous! Love that bracelet and the necklace is just too fun!! Beautiful designs.

Kerrie Slade said...

Lovely lovely pieces Molly and gorgeous photos too!

Kerrie x

Here Bead Dragons said...

Lovely pieces. I really like both of them. The bracelet focal is fantastic.
~cryssT