SOCIAL MEDIA

5/22/08

Spirit West Coast - Del Mar

OK...I'm going to indulge a bit here...

Today my family and I are about to set off on an adventure this weekend! We are on our way to "Spirit West Coast - Del Mar", a 3-day Christian music festival in San Diego starting Friday, where our son's band, "Two Days Til Tomorrow", will be performing on Sunday. What an amazing opportunity for these guys! It is even more amazing in that the band has five incredibly talented musicians who are ages 14 - 16 writing and performing all original songs -- very cool!

Our son plays electric guitar & sings background vocals. The coolest thing about it is that, at 14, he is getting a chance to pursue his dream and to use his God-given talents to serve God and to be an example to others. At fourteen!

It took me 30 years before I had enough courage to put my talents to use. I wish I had been as quietly confident of myself and the plan that had been laid out for me when I was 14. Then again, I wouldn't have the life experience to give me my perspective on life if I had...

He is truly a blessing in our lives, and I am grateful to have him in mine. Ahhh...the love of a mother...

That's it for now - I've gotta go pack!
Anonymous said...

oh molly- how exciting for you !! and your son too !! have a wonderful time !! thanks so very much for your sweet comment on my blog !!
xo,
beth
www.bethquinndesigns.com