SOCIAL MEDIA

8/16/10

Some Perspective...

With two teenagers in our household, life can get pretty crazy.  I try to keep perspective, but it is way too easy to slip on blinders, concentrating on the small, moment-to-moment details, getting caught up in them to the point where I lose the forest through the trees.  So I sat down this morning to regain that big picture view of my life by taking inventory of the the things that are truly important to me:

I have a husband who is an amazing, Godly man with a heart that overlooks my flaws, endures my quirks, and just plain loves me.  No judgment, asking for nothing to earn it - just love.  We laugh at ourselves (and, on occasion, at each other), and we cry when we need to.  He is my greatest champion.

Every day my boys continue to grow into wonderful young men, despite being faced with so many more challenges than I ever had to deal with at their age.  Some choices are easier to make than others, but, somehow, they continue to make their own way.  I am a proud mama; they give me reason to smile every day.

I am so thankful for my church family.  They are an amazing group of people, and I know that whatever I need, they are there for me.  I love that they give me the chance to give back by sharing my time, talents and treasures with them.  Our church is growing like crazy, and it is humbling to see the hand of God working in amazing and miraculous ways; I am blessed to be a part of it.

Above all else, I am overwhelmingly grateful for God and what He is doing in my life.  I love that He sees me through His eyes and not my own.  I am His child, and He is my Father who loves me and wants His best for me in all that I do.  I thank Him for the gifts He has given me, and for the opportunity to share them with others.  He grows and stretches me every day through opportunities and challenges, and every time I come out stronger, filled with a peace and joy only He can give.

So, although the day-to-day details are not going to go away, I know - truly know - what is important to me. 

And really...I couldn't ask for anything more.

Live Laugh Love Fairy Dancer_2
Francy said...

you have been wonderfully blessed.

Alesha said...

beautifully said, Molly!

we all have SO much to be thankful to the Lord for!

btw, congrats on being featured over at the Art Bead Scene blog! very exciting! :)

Alesha